Programming languages


I was able to make a dog and cat have a conversation about eating food, putting a muffin between them, with munching sound using Scratch. I have never used Scratch and I am not familiar with the coding knowledge. But with Scratch, it was easier for me to understand how the coding works. I was not able to put the sprites together in one screen, and it was not too clear for me to organize the order of the events well. I looked up tutorials again to solve the problems. I have learned more about how the computer understands from programming through this exercise and thought it could be more fun and accessible than I thought.

Comparing to what I have gone through in the text book sections 2.8 to 2.11, on the text book, Scratch provides and lets the user use the high level language as the user can understand what would be expected when the computer executes the commands in Scratch, whereas machine language is lower level and hard to understand for the user(usually).

There are several high-level languages, like C, C++, Java, Python and Javascript. These are all general purpose programming language. C is for usually operating systems, device drivers and protocol stacks. C++ was released as an extension of the C language. The syntax of Java is similar to C and C++, but has fewer low-level facilities than either of them. Python emphasizes the code readability with the use of significant identation(for readability).Javascript is core technology of the World Wide Web alongside HTML and CSS. From my opinion Python would be the most popular, as it makes it easier for the user to read the code and understand. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Web/Mobile App Critique-MindBody App

Traveling Through a Network