Web/Mobile App Critique-MindBody App
I reviewed the app "MINDBODY".
This is location based service and they provide the deals that they have with the facilities. I happened to download the app to use a promotion deal for a pilates class. Once I booked a class from the location, the app will send you an automated email letting me know when the class is going to happen, and send me reminders when the class is coming up, you can book more classes and also look for other classes around you with different categories.
1. Usability
This app is pretty straightforward and intuitive. You would not really need an instruction or manual to use this app and play with it. You can see that the app is made with a lot of considerations of the user experience and made easy to navigate.
One thing that is not the easiest is to find a specific studio or class sometimes, as the keyword in search did not show proper result that I was expecting, then there were not many other ways to really see if the options are available or not. I also like that the schedule of the classes are visible on a calendar screen, and it is easier to see which one would work for my schedule.
2. Design
Design is nothing too spectacular, rather it is simple.
You can see that the fonts are different in size and boldness, etc, but other than that, the app's User interface itself is pretty simple and black and white, as there are some photos from the businesses. This was almost minimalistic and I do think this was a good choice for the app, as too much of added elements or colors can rather prevent users from navigating the app efficiently and deciding which classes they want to pick and book. Even though it was simple, as I was focusing more on which class I needed to go to, I did not look at the design until I had to analyze the app this time.
3. Functionality
This app has been very smoothly working for me in various occasions of booking the classes.
One thing for the functioning/visibility is that the promotion deal needs to make sure to pop up the expiration date when the user books a promotion deal, as there are different disclaimers or disclosures that might be needed. When the classes is being booked, the payment method registration and using it for the classes is very easy as well. When there are some changes made, the app sends automated emails right away to keep me updated, and after the class it generates the review request message as well. One thing I would want for the functionality is to enable users to directly message or email them through the app for inquiries or questions along the call option. If users don't have to even go to google map but can do everything for the classes within the app that would be the most ideal.
Comments
Post a Comment